Coupeville Wharf Repairs

Washington Trust for Historic Preservation

Coupeville Wharf Repairs

Coupeville,WA

As part of Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the Coupeville Wharf was built in 1905 for passenger travel and moving products between Whidbey Island and the mainland. The wharf structure and the wood-framed building above have experienced damage due to their exposure to high winds and water. SSF has completed two separate studies of the building for the Port of Coupeville. The first study examined the gravity and lateral capacity of the existing site-built roof trusses and the subsequent structural design for truss reinforcement and new roof sheathing to be installed before re-roofing. The second phase included a wind and seismic analysis of the exterior walls of the building and the associated retrofit design to be incorporated as part of the siding repairs. The Port of Coupeville is working with The Washington Trust for Historic Preservation to find funding to save this historic treasure.

DJC article

 

RELATED PROJECTS

Fire Station 18

 

University VW/Audi

 

Tinte Cellars