Port Townsend, WA
Built in 1888, this project was the adaptive reuse of a Port Townsend bakery where the mayor made biscuits and crackers for the ships that docked nearby. In 2012, the owners completed the conversion of this 2700 square foot, 3-story space into a residence with art gallery space. Seismic evaluation and upgrades brought the building into the 21st Century without sacrificing its distinct charm. Pieces of its past can be seen in the exposed brick walls, reclaimed lumber, radiant heat, beautiful stone work and a carved French limestone fireplace. Additional information may be found in the Penninsula Daily News.