Located in Magnuson Park, this proect was the renovation and seismic retrofit for a new pediatric dental facility shared by the UW School of Dentistry and Children’s Hospital (now called the Center for Pediatric Dentistry). This facility doubled the capacity of both pediatric dental programs. The Art deco building was constructed in three phases between 1927 and 1940. The structure consists of a two-story unreinforced masonry building over a partial basement with a small steel framed addition on the roof. A one-story concrete frame addition was built on the north end of the original building over a full basement. Structural work involved a seismic analysis and retrofit. Modifications included the addition of a new stair and elevator to meet current egress codes and retrofitting the existing basement columns and walls to accommodate a change in the basement floor elevation to meet ADA requirements.