Vashon Island, WA
The Garage is the transformation of an existing 1950’s era free standing garage into a modern-day cabin incorporating new and existing elements. Working with contractor Schuchart Dow, the original structure was deconstructed to its foundation. A new foundation was engineered to support a cantilevered addition that ties in with the existing foundation. Engineering of the wall systems was designed to accommodate special detailing requirements for the extensive glass envelope.
Winner of the 2013 AIA Seattle Honor Award, 2014 Residential Architecture Design Award, and the 2014 Copper in Architecture Award.
View Garage – A Short Film by graypants.