By JOURNAL STAFF
BMW Northwest has renovated and expanded its dealership at 4011 20th St. E. in Fife.
The 21,800-square-foot building got a showroom addition of 4,560 square feet and a service drive lane addition of 3,660 square feet. New space was created with post-and-beam steel moment frames and light-gauge metal stud framing.
BMW Northwest owner Manfred Scharmach did the expansion and upgrade to meet current BMW design standards.
Helix Design Group was the architect and construction administrator. A&P Construction was the general contractor.
Other design team members were Barghausen, Swenson Say Faget, GeoEngineers and Doug Tuma Landscape Architect.
Design-build subcontractors were Universal Refrigeration, Tacoma Plumbing and Heating, Kirby Electric and Patriot Fire Protection.
SSF was the structural engineer for the $3 million upgrade of this 1926 Neoclassical, historic building.
Fran's New Factory Opens / / 10.06.14
Frans Chocolates new manufacturing and headquarters facility in Georgetown.
Washington Park Arboretum Trail / / 10.30.14
Swenson Say Faget provided structural engineering for bridge designs that are part of this $8 million new multi-use trail for Seattle Parks and Recreation.